We’re serious about helping our add.a.lingua partner school administrators grow in their craft and lead their programs well. But rather than assuming we know exactly what they need, we’re committed to listening, first and foremost, to the challenges our partners face.
It’s this practice of listening that allows us to iterate and develop learning experiences to address the macro and micro challenges they face.
an un-conference designed for busy leaders to collaborate
Based on the feedback from our partner leaders, we know that carving out time for a multi-day conference (plus travel) is a challenge. That’s why we’re pivoting this year, and just like we’ve done for immersion teachers, we’re moving content typically presented at leadership institute to our online learning management system. This means all that good learning can happen asynchronously, at a time and place that works for leaders.
And we’re offering our very first add.a.lingua un-conference–a time for collaboration and learning among immersion leaders of all experience levels. Not sure what an un-conference is or if this experience is for you? Go ahead and check out our five ways to increase your leadership bandwidth and network below.
1. Watch and listen to this video from my other (business) half.
2. Be on the look out for two things:
- online add.a.lingua leadership institute course specific to your pd level (assignments will appear on your dashboard some time in late March)
- a leadership institute un-conference topic selection survey that allows you to help us shape a loosely structured agenda for our on-site event (the survey will be headed your way in the next week or so)
3. Offer your input when the survey arrives and consider either facilitating or participating in a topic discussion (or two).
4. Picture yourself at the leadership institute un-conference guided by leaders, relevant for leaders and filled with organic conversation amongst leaders.
Yep – we really want to honor to your feedback from 2017 leadership institute.
5. Book a train, plane or automobile to attend add.a.lingua program tours (April 11) and the first annual leadership institute un-conference (April 12).
We’ll be gathering right here in our very own un-Florida-like West Michigan–watch your inbox for more details as the event draws closer.
I’ll sign off with this final piece of wisdom from Margaret Fuller:
If the inspiring quote from Ms. Fuller isn’t enough to get you to the add.a.lingua leadership institute un-conference, just anticipate how the co–created agenda, the eats, the treats and the discussions will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy on the inside despite the Michigan chill on the outside!